Dr. RAVIRAJ A.
MBBS, D Ortho., DNB Ortho., MNAMS, Mch Ortho.
FELLOW IN JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY
FELLOW IN JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY
ABOUT DR. RAVIRAJ
Dr.Raviraj’s expertise consists of Joint replacements, sports medicine, arthroscopy, and complex trauma. He has trained and worked in many orthopaedic institutions and has gained depth experience in Orthopaedics, especially in joint replacement and arthroscopic surgeries. With a fellowship in joint replacement surgery to his credit, He has performed several joint replacement surgeries of the knee – total knee replacement (TKR), both primary TKR and revision TKR, hip – Total hip replacement (THR) both primary THR and revision THR, and Total shoulder and elbow replacement. He also was trained in joint replacement by visiting fellowship at the Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand. ” He has authored and published his work in the form of more than 20 articles in the international indexed orthopaedics journals.
MBBS, D ORTHO, DNB ORTHO, MNAMS, MCh ORTHO.
JOINT REPLACEMENT AND ARTHROSCOPIC SURGERY.
CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON,
APOLLO SPECIALITY HOSPITALS, BANGALORE.
- Joint Replacement Surgery-Knee/Hip.
- Arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgeries of the knee.
- Complex Fractures and Polytrauma.
- Neglected and Failed Fractures.
- Pediatric Orthopedics.
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Bangalore.
SPECIALIST : Joint Replacement and Arthroscopic Surgery.
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Fortis Hospital,Bangalore
- Teaching MBBS undergraduates during post graduation.
- Teaching for primary DNB candidates during post graduation.
- Teaching paramedical, nursing students, and physiotherapy students and trainees during DNB Ortho.
- Teaching DNB Students (Wockhardt / Fortis hospitals).
- Mallya hospital , Bangalore ( One Year).
- Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Accident Surgery, Madurai, Tamilnadu. (Two Years).
- Wockhardt Hospital, / FORTIS HOSPITALS, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore. (Five Years).
- Apollo Hospitals, BG Road,Bangalore. ( Four Years).
- Apollo Hospitals,Jaya nagar ,Bangalore. (Four Years).
“Clinical functional and radiological outcome of tapered polished collarless stems in cemented total hip arthroplasty”.
Thesis submitted to the National Board Of Examination (NBE), NewDelhi.
- Best outgoing student – D ORTHO
College topper with distinction, JJMMC, Davanagere.
- Best case presentation award. (National level CME)
23rd Continuing Orthopaedic Education Course- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF)- June 2006, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore. India.(Awarded by Dr.Sailendra Bhattacharya and Dr.Taneja).
- Cash award, Nomination of the paper for podium presentation in post graduation section (Awarded by Dr.Jagadesh) 5th OASIS and 36th OSSAPCON Sept 2006. (Orthopaedics Association of South Indian States Annual Conference),Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Best outgoing student, Dip NB Orthopaedics , Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Accident Surgery.(IORAS),Madurai,Tamilnadu,India.
- “Outcome of tapered polished collarless stem in cemented total hip arthroplasty – early results”- Paper presentation TNOACON – March 2006. (Tamilnadu Orthopaedics Association Annual State Conference), Chennai. Tamilnadu, India.
- “Analysis of outcome of Cemented Total Hip Arthroplasty in fracture neck of femur in elderly active patients.” 5th OASIS and 36th OSSAPCON Sept 2006. (Orthopaedics Association of South Indian States Annual Conference), Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.List Item
- “Paediatric Monteggia fracture dislocation with Posterior interosseous nerve palsy”- problem cases section., 23rd Continuing Orthopaedic Education Course- orthopaedic research and education foundation (OREF)- june 2006, ganga hospital, coimbatore. India.
- “Metaphyseal fibrous defects and Non ossifying fibroma – A case report and review of literature ” Madurai Orthopaedic Society (MOS) meeting. Madurai.
- “Management of distal tibial fracture using locked compression plate using Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Plate Osteosynthesis (MIPPO) Technique”. Madurai Orthopaedic Society (MOS) meeting. Madurai.
- “Alternative Bearing Surfaces in Total Hip Arthroplasty and case report on THR using highly cross linked polyethylene and ceramic head”. Madurai Orthopaedic Society (MOS) meeting. Madurai.
- “Revision total hip replacement in abductor deficient hip – Our Experience” Bangalore Orthopaedic Society (BOS) Meeting Bangalore,May 2007.
- “Clinical functional and radiological outcome of tapered polished collarless stems in cemented total hip arthroplasty”.OASISCON (VI) Sept 2007. (Orthopaedics Association of South Indian States Annual Conference), Mangalore, Karnataka , India.
My wife and I were praying for the right doctor to perform my total joint replacement surgery and we were lead to Dr. Raviraj. He was an answered prayer, my quality of life has improved and the pain is gone. He is very serious and really cares about you as one of his patients. We would highly recommend him to anyone we met. Thank you Dr. Raviraj for changing my life.
"Dr Raviraj is one of the best. He takes the time, make sure all your questions are answered and never makes you feel rushed. He performed an arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder, and the results have been fantastic. I would highly recommend him to anyone"
"You will not find a better Orthopedic Physician & Surgeon than Dr Raviraj. His work is top notch, he is easy to talk to, he LISTENS to his patients & takes the time necessary to understand the problem"